Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Don't Forget To Bring A Towel!!!

Sooo... I went to shower this morning only to find out that we must supply our own towels... Whoops. I used a t-shirt instead, so all was well...kinda. Now, you would've thought that I would make it a point to go buy one today, but by the time we got around to it, all the shops were closed. Oh well, it looks like the t-shirt thing will have to work for one more day.

 Today was a very relaxed day which was definitely what I needed. Scott and I had lunch with the guy that is running the Norton race team. Like everyone else we've met so far, he was really nice and very laid back. Everyone here has the same attitude towards the newcomers. They are all very enthusiastic about us, and at the same time are making it very clear that there are no expectations for any of us. Everyone says to just ride around, have fun, and don't worry about going quick till next year. We also ran into Steve Plater. For those of you that don't know, he is one of the few people to have actually won a TT in his second year on the island. He is definitely a world caliber rider. He welcomed us and asked if it was out first time to the TT. When we replied with a yes, all he said was "F*ck!". It sounds like this place is absolutely insane your first time around at speed.

Anyway, things are good for now. I have a feeling that things will begin to pick up and be a bit hectic in the next few days, but I also can't wait for everything to start. I'll update again tomorrow, and hopefully I'll have a story that involves me going to buy an actual towel! 

 

2 comments: