Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Got A Sweet New Towel...

My day today started off similar to yesterday in that I had to use a t-shirt as a substitute for a towel. We got through that ok, then it was back to business as usual. Scott and I grabbed Moffitt's car and went out for a lap of the course. We were able to stop at a store and actually purchase a towel as well!!! How exciting! We are both getting more comfortable with the course and are very ready to ride. 

I can't stress enough about how cool everyone here has been. I ran into Bruce Anstey in Douglas today, and he offered up a small motorbike for me to get around on. I thought that was very cool of him seeing as how he doesn't know me from anybody, and has such a high profile at the TT. I also got to meet Robbie Silvester, and Shaun Harris today. Robbie owns the team I'm going to be riding for over the next two weeks. It looks very professional and very well run. My teammate seems super laid back, and is very fast around this place. It will be great to just soak up all the information everyone has to offer. 

That's about it for today. It was very laid back. Things will begin to pick up tomorrow when we actually get signed in for the races and start setting the bikes up for Saturday. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow because I know that it's gonna start off with a towel! 

4 comments:

  1. Make sure you eat. And by eat, I mean not ice cream.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m glad to see that stuff is working out Jimmy...nice! How about posting up some info on what the team deal is/how it came about? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For all of us unlucky enough to not be able to get over to the Isle for the race. This site http://www.iomtt.com/TT-live.aspx has live timing and internet radio stream of TT radio and race commentary. It carries the top ten laps in each seesion and you can also chose to moniter 3 chosen riders, Jimmy is on the list of course. Maybe Stille can post a link on the main page. BTW you can get it on yer icrack. Go Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that your showers can now end properly.. even though you get out of the shower dirty ;)

    ReplyDelete