Friday, May 29, 2009

Official Sign On Day

So I am now officially signed on and ready to ride! The day started out fairly laid back as usual. Scott and I made our way to the paddock area around 9:00am, and we went straight to meet up with our teams. The team I'm riding with is VRS Performance. After the shipping of the bikes fell through completely, I had several different people on the island refer me to Robbie Silvester. Robbie owns VRS Performance, and together we were able to work out a deal on renting bikes so I could still ride the TT. After spending the day with the team, I'm pretty happy about how things turned out. They have a really nice rig, with a huge canopy, lots of tools, and some very well prepared bikes. In fact, the ZX-10 that I'll be riding finished 2nd at Olivers Mount this year. for those that haven't seen Olivers Mount, here is a short video clip.  It's pretty crazy!

After meeting with the team for a short bit, I made my way to the airport to pick up Garry. Garry Hayes flew on to the island this morning, and all I have to say is... That guy is a MACHINE! After flying in from detroit and getting zero sleep, he just jumped right in and started getting the ZX-10 set up for me. He and the team worked on the bikes most of the day. I went through the official signing on in the early afternoon, and after that I just kind of hung around the paddock area for the rest of the day. Scott and I were lucky enough to get a good lap in with Richard "Milky" Quayle in his wife's Honda Civic Type R. We were buzzing around the mountain section of the course at 120mph and Scott and I just couldn't stop laughing. It was an absolute blast!  Everything is looking good, and after that amazing lap in the car with Milky, I feel I'm about ready to get out there and give it a go.

Now I'm just gonna get some rest and hope that all those hours of watching onboard videos and playing video games pays off tomorrow. I look forward to updating everyone on how things go tomorrow evening, so stay tuned!

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment