Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Nice Day Of Rest...

...To get prepared for a long week of riding.

 I want to thank Stillie for posting on my behalf yesterday. The internet situation is a bit strange here. Practice went well yesterday. I just went out, rode around at a very relaxed/safe pace, and just goofed off a bit. I was a bit surprised by my lap times, and I am no longer worried about qualifying. A 113 mph lap should be fairly easy. Hopefully I can get that knocked out tomorrow. As far as being the fastest newcomer goes, I have no idea if it will work out that way or not, but we'll sure give it a go. I believe I was the 3rd fastest newcomer yesterday so that's a really good start.

I spoke with Bruce Anstey today and asked him about how things went for him yesterday. He said he had a bit of a moment in the Ginger Hall section of the course. That is by far the roughest section of the course, and like most places here it's 6th gear flat out. He said he had a tankslapper that was so bad it ripped the steering damper mount off the bike. That's sounds pretty intense. 

Today was very relaxing. We haven't done much at all today really. I went for a lap with my teammate Craig Atkinson, and Robbie the team owner. It was very helpful and I think I'm ready for tomorrow. I'm gonna get to bed early today and try to catch up on the sleep I've been missing over the last few days. Tomorrow is the start of a full week of practice, so I'l report then and let you know how it works out.

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment