Thursday, May 28, 2009

Some notes from the REMF..

REMF is an acronym used by the US Army to describe the rear echelon or soldiers left behind in support roles as others deploy to the fight.

Hello All,

I hope you all had a safe and joyous Memorial Day weekend (US visitors). I just wanted to take a few minutes and send out some support effort updates. As you can see, Jimmy is now overseas ready to take care of business for the U.S.A. Now I’m sure some of you might be wondering “What happens if I send a check to Jimmy right now?” Well rest assured that your donation will be handled quickly and safely! Jimmy left several deposit slips with me and my girlfriend Marie to ensure that all donations are quickly and securely.

I’d like to send out a special thank you to Marie who has really thrown herself into the TT effort. She’s been a tremendous asset to the growing number of people who are generously donating their time. She joins the local “team” of Ben Stockdale and Marc Berte, two long time friends and club racers. Ben and Marc have already given countless hours as well as generous donations, graphic design, shipping and customs research, and even dropping Jimmy off for his flight to the Isle. Marc will be heading over to enjoy the TT along with a group from DCSportbikes.net in the next few days.

I installed a Google Analytics urchin into the site a few days ago to get an idea of the traffic we’re receiving. Basically an urchin is a tool used by web developers to obtain information from their visitors such as country of origin, number of visits, unique visitors, and a bunch of other boring *web stuff. I was quite surprised by the number of overseas visitors we have including 20 from the Isle. We appreciate your patronage and hope you’ll continue to follow Jimmy as his story unfolds here.

I’ve uploaded a PDF document that shows a map overlay of our visitors. It's being hosted on my own site where it is available for download. You’ll need a PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader or FoxIt PDF Viewer to open it.

Click here to view the PDF

As always I’ll close by once again saying “Thank you” for all of the donations and support! I’ll post an updated donation total soon! Jimmy is also keeping a personal log of everyone who donated and the amount thrown in to the effort. We’re really amazed at how quickly each donation adds up and I think you will be too.

-Stillie

*No personal information is collected by this tool.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Stillie for all the support you are giving my son. You are helping to make his dream a reality.
    Momma Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only do it because I would have to listen to him cry about it. :)

    Seriously it's not a problem Mary but I do appreciate the recognition! I know he'd do the same for me if the roles were reversed.

    ReplyDelete