Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Finally On The Island...

And so it begins... I flew out of Dulles last night and had a fairly nice flight into Dublin. The only problem was a young child, maybe 4-5ish, that was acting up pretty much non-stop. I found it somewhat interesting, and a bit amazing that the parents seemed to be the only ones on the plane that could sleep through that nonsense. To each their own I guess. I had a short layover in Dublin then flew straight to the Isle of Man. Words can't describe how happy I was to finally land on the island and no longer have anything to stress about. If something didn't get done by now, it's not going to get done so there's no point in worrying about it.

Once I arrived on the island I took a taxi to the house that has been set up for the American newcomers to stay.  The taxi dropped my bags and took off. Neither Critter nor Scott Jensen were there when I arrived, so I dropped my bags behind the house and was ready to start wandering around Douglas like a lost American tourist. I didn't mind too much since I'm here for the experience, and I feel like that's just another part of it. It didn't take long before I was able to get in touch with Milky and he came and picked me up. We headed to the grandstand area where I got hooked up with Ian Moffitt. Moffitt is a real stand up guy, and like most people on the island, is here to help us get sorted. From there, Moffitt and I met up with Scott and Critter, and we've just spent the day wandering around. Moffitt let us take his car for a bit so we could get in a few laps. It didn't take long for the lack of sleep on the plane to catch up with me. I had the guys drop me off at the house and I ended up sleeping for about 5 hours. I woke up not too long ago, but I now need to try to get back to sleep so I can be on the same schedule as the rest of the island.

Once again, I want to thank everyone for their support. I couldn't have made this happen without everyone stepping in and helping with all the last minute chaos. From here on out I can just focus on riding, and that should be a petty good time!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Jimmy..Thanks for the update...We are all thinking of you here in Louisville with lots of love and plenty of positive energy. Make the most of this adventure.
    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're my hero Jimmers! Don't worry about anything back here. I got this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made safely! Can't wait to hear more :)

    ~marie

    ReplyDelete